VENUE RENTAL AGREEMENT
THE COLLECTIVE and _____________________________(RENTER) hereby agree to the following terms for the rental of the CMPLX at 2234 Lamar Ave, Memphis, TN 38114
This Agreement regards to use of the property provided by The Collective at the address above, which is as an event venue only. In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the Parties agree as follows:
Property Rental. The Collective hereby grants to _____________________________________________ limited and revocable license (the “License”) to use the property located at 2234 Lamar Ave.
(“Property”). The License permits Renter to use the Property only on the Event Date(s), during the hours specified below, and only for the purposes set forth in this Agreement.
1. Property. THE COLLECTIVE agrees to provide its venue with tables, ceiling clamp lights, restrooms, chairs, sound system with microphone, and parking lot for the duration of this rental, dates as specified in #4
2. Staff. THE COLLECTIVE is responsible for providing 1 mandatory staff person for 2234 Lamar Ave at a rate of $25/hr this includes setup , run time and breakdown for the event
3. Dates, Times, and Purpose. Renter will have use of the aforementioned spaces during the following rental times:
EVENT DATE: ______________________________________________________EVENT TIME (start-finish) __________________________________________________________________SET UP DAY: __________________________________________________________________SET UP TIME AND BREAKDOWN: __________________________________________________________________For the following purpose:
Art Exhibition, Music Show, Film Screening, Lecture, Performance (Dance, Theater, Comedy) Please choose from above:____________________________________________________________
4. Property Condition and Damage. Renter agrees to at all times keep all areas of the space clean and the passageways clear and accessible to persons with wheelchairs. Any damage to property made by organizers or guests regardless of cause that takes place during installation, breakdown or event itself, beyond normal ‘wear and tear’ (‘wear and tear’ meaning scuff marks on walls, toilet overflows, etc.) becomes responsibility of the renter.
Renter agrees to properly dispose of all food, trash and garbage at the close of rental. Restrooms will be cleaned and re-stocked at regular intervals by THE COLLECTIVE
I do hereby release THE CMPLX 2234 Lamar Ave (of, Memphis, Tennessee 38114) and THE COLLECTIVE from any and all damages, injuries or liabilities related to this event, occurring at or resulting from participation in the setup, event itself, or breakdown of event at The CMPLX, 2234 Lamar Ave Memphis, Tennessee, 38114. I hereby indemnify and hold harmless The Cmplx and The Collective their employees, agents, heirs, successors and assigns from any and all damages, actions, suits, claims, or other costs (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage or loss to any property or any injury or death caused to any person while on the premises (interior, sidewalk or parking lot) regardless of the cause, including any acts or omissions on the part of Renter, independent contractors, performers, guests, invitees, or other agents.
Renter shall immediately notify The Collective of any damage or injury of which they have knowledge in, to, or near the Property, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
The Collective is not responsible for any damages or loss of artwork, property or equipment, of renter, performer, or event guests, arising from any cause while on our property.
6. Alcohol or Food. Wine and beer may be served to guests of legal age, 21 or older-alcohol may not be consumed by minors, for no charge by a designated server. The renter agrees to provide any equipment not already available at the venue such as beverages, food, serving dishes, utensils, ice, coolers, etc.
7. Access. Performers, organizers, or guests of the event are not to use or enter any of the building's spaces other than those specified in this agreement.
8. Load-in/out. Renter has permission to load in _________________________. Renter agrees to remove and properly dispose of all sets, trash, and materials brought into the facilities at 2234 Lamar Ave, unless they receive specific permission from THE COLLECTIVE to leave certain materials behind.
9. Insurance. THE CMPLX does not provide insurance for artwork. Renter understands and agrees that THE COLLECTIVE is not responsible for replacing or repairing artwork or recovering losses in any form due to any damages or loss while on our property, including parking lot, sidewalk and interior of space.
10. Rental Deposit Fee. The $50.00 deposit fee is to be paid prior to the event date to secure scheduled event date
11. Equipment Use. Renter is responsible for any damage and/or theft to any technical equipment during time of rental (including installation and breakdown). Renter will replace any technical equipment damaged and/or stolen within 48 hours of incident with the same caliber/value of equipment.
12. Venue Capacity. 2234 Lamar Ave capacity is 500 occupants.
13. Event Cancellation by The Collective
The Collective’s’ venue management reserves the right to shut down your event at any time for reasons including but not limited to the following: extreme and uncontrolled volume; expressions of hate or aggression; instances of illegal alcohol, drug use or smoking on the premises; security issues.
The Collective and Renter hereby agree to these terms:
__________________________________ The Collective Sign Name Here
__________________________________ The Collective Print Name Here
__________________________________ Renter Sign Name Here
__________________________________ Renter Print Name Here
__________________________________ Phone Number