VENUE RENTAL GUIDELINES
The Collective CMPLX is available for public/private events including but not limited to exhibitions, performances, or presentations/discussions of creative work: performances, shows, short-term exhibitions, or other arts-based events such as lectures, discussions, screenings, etc. The 5600 SF space provides opportunities for artists, musicians, performers and arts organizers to perform or show their own creative work or the work of others. It is available by request for a fee and based on calendar availability. We welcome local and visiting artists, and take no fees from cover charges or art sales.
To secure final confirmation of your event, you must sign a booking contract with all agreements, details, and schedules in place. Rental fee must be paid in advance of event taking place unless other arrangements have been made with the Gallery Manager Dame Smith (Dame@thecltv.org).
Venue & Booking Guidelines;
• After reading these guidelines, please fill out a request form on our website to begin the booking process.
• 100% of any door charge or art sold goes to the artist/musician/event organizer booking the space.
• Rental includes use of the following items if requested: up to 65 chairs; PA/speakers if requested; projector; 4 black rectangular tables; use of our lighting; and basic repairs to walls following art installations. Please note your requests on our venue rental form.
• You are responsible for the installation and de-installation (including tools and hardware) of your artwork, with specific parameters given in advance by The Collective. We do not provide insurance for your artwork and are not responsible for any damages occurring on our premises.
• Receptions, food & drink: we provide tables for serving food, but you must provide your own food, beverage, ice, coolers, or serving supplies if you plan to serve anything. You must be responsible for removing all supply materials related to food service the night of your event.
• You may serve (but not sell) alcohol and you must provide a dedicated bartender who will ID your guests. Host of event must provide own alcohol; no guests of event can bring in alcohol. General donations (tips) may be collected. Alcohol may not be consumed outside of the venue.
• Smoking is not allowed on the premises.
The Collective CMPLX is the venue for your event, and “The Collective” or “The CMPLX” should be communicated as the location (not sponsor or partner) in text form only:The CMPLX 2234 Lamar Ave , Memphis, TN 38114.
The Collective is not obligated to help publicize your event.
If you are interested in proposing an idea for a collaborative project with The Collective as a sponsor or partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CMPLX 2234 Lamar Ave , Memphis, TN, 38114
Standing occupancy: 500
5600 square foot rectangular building with 11’ ceilings
Main gallery – entrance and storefront windows windows
Secondary gallery – standing occupancy: 100
Rear Studio space – standing occupancy: 150
Storefront entrance with all glass windows; handicap accessible
White walls (sheetrock on top of plywood) and white ceiling; concrete floors
(except secondary gallery)
Two Bathrooms with one stall each; and small sink
parking available in Lamar-Airways shopping center parking lot
Available Equipment and Amenities (all upon request): 20 plastic & 40 metal chairs
4 - 6.5ft rectangular black tables
House lights installed and additional clamp lights available